Finding your style for interiors is hard. Sure some things always look good, but are they right for your home? It’s hard to be sure. So why not make it fun and take a quiz to see which style works best with your personality?
Do you ever feel like you were born in the wrong decade?
- When you are doesn’t matter, so long as you feel relaxed and at home.
- Yes! Take me back to the roaring past.
- Time flows freely all around us. We just need to be mindful and ride the wave.
- Yes, I like to think towards the future.
- No way, give me right here and right now.
What’s your favourite colour palette?
- Soft blues.
- Bold blacks & golds.
- Natural, organic colours.
- Crisp whites.
- Warm hues.
What’s your ideal weekend activity?
- Relaxing at the beach, feeling the sand between my toes.
- Whatever it is, it has to be BIG. Why bother wasting a weekend with an activity you won’t remember years from now? Or shopping… shopping is also good…
- Spending some time getting back in touch with nature, and with myself.
- Sampling new cafes.
- In the warmer months, basking in the sun. In the colder months, living in denial.
You’ve got one free hour to do whatever you like. What do you do?
- Kick back with a light-hearted book.
- Light a yummy candle and take a relaxing bath.
- Finally build that DIY home accent (terrarium, painting, dream catcher, etc.) you’ve been meaning to get around to.
- Try a little meditation to reach true, internal minimalism.
- Sunbathe (with sunscreen on, of course) and let the sun melt my worries away.
You can have diner with any person, dead or alive. Who do you choose to sit down and eat with?
- A beloved friend or family member I haven’t seen for a really long time.
- An inspirational celebrity or artist.
- A spiritual leader or someone whose words have changed my life philosophy for the better.
- A professional icon.
- No one. I appreciate solitude and I think there’s value in taking some time to yourself every now and then.
Where would you go on a holiday if you could go anywhere?
- Anywhere I can chill out by the water.
- Somewhere exciting like New York, London, Paris, or Tokyo.
- Somewhere I can go to unplug and feel like I’m getting back in touch with nature.
- A unique location. Maybe Iceland to see the northern lights.
- Somewhere I can explore on my own and grab a few gorgeous shots on my camera.
To determine the trend that works best with your style, take a look at which number your most commonly selected as your answer.
You’ll thrive in a coastal interior style. You should keep an eye out for natural tones and blue accents. Consider nautical wall art in your style. Try to opt for a minimalist look as well, with an uncluttered colour palette and uncluttered furnishing. Finally, make the most of the natural lighting you have, it is invaluable in all homes, but especially coastal styles.
You’re all about the deco luxe look. Retro glamour comes to life for your style. Look towards metallic accents and seek out plush comfort whenever you can. Think Gatsby as you style your home if you opt for the deco luxe look. It’s bringing an air of vintage charm to life in your home, making you feel like a hero (or villain) of a classic novel.
‘Cause I’m feeling so bohemian like you. That’s right. You should look towards boho interior aesthetics as for your style. This means a lot of natural colours for your home basics and rugged finishes. Accents like macramé and soft rugs are perfect. Once you’ve built your space, full of natural-toned furnishings, seek out bold colours for your accents. That’s right, bright purples, blues, golds, reds, and more can all work here. A bohemian interior is defined by an almost eclectic aesthetic, so take that to heart and let your inner interior stylist run free.
It’s time to pump the ABBA, because your style is oh so Scandi! Light greys and oaks paired with tapered legs are right up your alley. Keep things minimalist when you can but never sacrifice the cosy sensation we know any Scandi home needs. This might seem counter-intuitive at first. After all, we think of those long, slim, tapered legs when we think Scandi, but remember it was those northern Europeans that gave us the concept of Hygge, which is all about creating a cosy, homey space. Finding the perfect middle point between overindulgence and sleek minimalism isn’t always easy for Scandi lovers, but if you get it right, it can be a look you’ll want to keep around forever.
Not to say that you’re a little prickly, but your style is pure desert sanctuary. Rose golds, warm pinks and oranges, and natural wood colours are ready to take root. Think of a Central America-inspired style. Natural materials like leather are also a good look in this style. Focus on dynamic shapes that seem to flow effortlessly from one point to the next. Once you’re confident you’ve got the warm colours down, look for stunning, contrasting blues and turquoise tones to add unmissable accents to your space. This can be easily done with cushions, throws, and other soft home accents that you can move around if you’re not 100% sold on the look. Then let in all the natural light you can and relax in your own interior oasis.