The peoples who know about the interior design (Hi James!) are always telling us that classic furniture is an investment for the long term. Timeless designs are infinitely adaptable. You only need to change-up your décor accents to completely rework your look.
Mod-chic courtesy of the Zanui style-savants
This super-snug mod space is extremely liveable. It’s a little bit rustic, a little bit minimalist meets amped-up Scandi. It gets all the love as far as we’re concerned. This is the kind of space we can relax in! Great for families, peeps with pets or sassy singles.
- A word or two about this delicious modular lounge: Our Tilde is soooo comfy. To be perfectly frank, we’re considering climbing into this pic right now to have a wee lie-down.
She’s a little bit moody and she knows how to work the monochrome, making her polylinen blend much kinder on stains. (Bless her!) With her extended lounge, she’s just perfect for home-cinema or slipping between the pages of your new fave novel. Yum!
- Classic palette w/ statement yellow: Grey to black + white paired with blonde woods is a chromatic combo that just doesn’t get tired. And these bright yellow accents are a little bit to-die-for without being overwhelming. Working with a neutral base, is a great way to experiment with colour. You can add in and take away easily!
- Rustic wood + cow hide add natural nuances: The Cooke Walnut Coffee Table exploits a clean-lined modern style with its rounded edges and timber frame. It’s a great kid-friendly piece. Ditto with the Natural Cow Hide Rug – it’s easy-care. Scour your local antique stores for antlers or the like to inject inspired sculptural form.
- Amp up the abstract: The Sogno D’oro Wall Art is understated yet energized. It works in well with uber-modern cushions like the Eclipse II Cushion and Link Black Cushion.
Asian Fusion styled by James Treble
We love the OTT-look of Chinoiserie. But introducing subtle nuances is also totally achievable! Enter James Treble. Style Maestro. Our Tilde Lounge sets the scene for this sleek and chic Eastern aesthetic.
- Work the red: In Chinese culture, red is associated with fire – it symbolises good fortune and joy. (Think red lacquered front doors, red Chinese lanterns, red New Year’s dragons…) Here the Maize Cushion adds ori-chic patterns in this brazen hue. The Ruby Ceramic Candle Stands tell the same story, complete with crackle glaze for vintage accents.
- Tonal opposition in teal ups the ante: The Teal Digital Art Print and the Mornington Floor Cushion create dynamic colour contrast.
- Chinese characters add decorative flourishes: Chinese calligraphy is revered for its artistry. As such, the Peace and Longevity Print Art create evocative wall art. Likewise the Asian Symbol bookends add carved timber-look character.
- Floral flourishes all the way: fresh, artificial and dried floral accents are an easy win, from wall art to tea sets, sprigs of cherry blossom or sculptural branches. Select canvas prints or get your DIY on – frame patterns you love for your own unique style.
And that’s a wrap!!! Phew! So much pretty. We need a nap. Now where is that Tilde Lounge… 🙂