Each year, Pantone proclaims the statement colour of the year. Last year, it was the controversial (read questionable) Radiant Orchid; the year before, Emerald Green. This year Pantone are pushing for warmth.
Introducing the Pantone Colour of the Year 2015 – MARSALA.
Like the fortified wine of its namesake, Marsala is sweet yet spicy and rich. Its red-brown roots deliver hearty strength and body to your home. Exuding sophistication with an earthy essence, it makes an elegant adornment to your existing palette.
Associated with romance, this alluring shade is both opulent and nurturing. Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Colour Institute, points to its relevance to the kitchen and dining rooms in particular.
It’s “ideal for tabletop, small appliances, and linens throughout the home,” she says.
5 ways to incorporate a touch of MARSALA into your existing decor:
- IN YOUR LIVING SPACE: Exploit this seductive hue in your wall art to enhance the romance at eye-level
- IN YOUR BOUDOIR: Add plummy hues in plush throws with comfort-enhancing Marsala, ideal for endowing your bedroom or dressing room with inviting warmth
- ON THE TABLE: Add sumptuousness to your entertaining with serving and dinnerware or linen in Marsala to pique the appetite
- UNDER FOOT: Fuse this dynamic shade with on-trend chevrons and stylish patterns for luxe looks in your hallways, dining and living spaces
- TRY IT OUT: Cushions are a great way to trial a shade in your home – select some statement piece to spice up your existing palette
So what do you think? Are you intrigued or unimpressed? Tempted or completely turned off? 🙂
Hero image sources from left: hadleycourtdotcom and pantonedotcom