Up the ante of your comfort food this winter with this delicious seafood dish made super simple with Vitromax cookware. In just 5 steps, you’ll have a steaming bowl of flavoursome broth. Perfect for a cosy night in!
There’s no need for seafood-lovers to skip the stews and soups this winter! We’ve got the perfect recipe to warm your cockles. Literally!
The best part is, the dish is all made in one pot. (A pot so strong you can take it straight from your stovetop and put it in the fridge for leftovers – yes, you read correctly!)
Why you need Vitromax in your kitchen
Ordinarily, you should never transfer cookware from hot to cold immediately because it causes a little thing called ‘thermal shock’.
It’s made in France using advanced glass-ceramic technology which makes it super strong. You can take it from temperatures ranging -40 to 300 degrees Celcius, no problem. Amazing, right? We think so.
That means you can cook your favourite dishes, serve up, and pop them straight in the fridge or the freezer. Too easy!
Drunken Garlic Clams
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup spring onion, finely sliced
1/2 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1kg small clams or cockles
1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
2 tbsp chilli, roughly chopped
- Place Vitromax over a medium heat and add butter, garlic, spring onion and diced onion. Saute for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to high and pour in white wine then cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock and cream, stirring to combine.
- Immediately add clams and cover. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the clams have opened.
- Remove from heat and top with parsely, dill and chilli. Enjoy!