We all search high and low to find the perfect gift for Father’s Day. But why leave it at that? Make it extra special this year and mark it with your personal print – literally – with DIY wrapping paper!
DIY wrapping paper is a fun and easy way to get the kids involved this Father’s Day too. Just follow the steps below or watch the clip to see how it’s done!
What you need:
- Glue gun (with glue sticks)
- Stanley knife
- A large sponge
- Plain wrapping paper (colour of your choice)
- Paint (colour of your choice)
- Scrap paper/newspaper
- Twine or ribbon (optional)
What to do:
- With the marker, draw a t-shirt outline on the sponge.
- Using the Stanley knife, carefully cut the t-shirt outline on the sponge. Set aside.
- Squeeze out your paint on scrap paper or newspaper. Dab the sponge in the paint till the surface is completely covered.
- Roll out the plain wrapping paper and begin to stamp the sponge randomly, forming a pattern that fills the surface. Dab the sponge into the paint as needed. Set aside for half an hour or until completely dry.
- Once your wrapping paper is dry, wrap Dad’s present.
- With the glue gun, stick the buttons onto the t-shirts. Set aside till completely dry.
- Wrap with twine or a ribbon and voila!