Not sure what to do with those old jars? Have your kids outgrown their toys? We’ve got the perfect DIY to upcycle your knick-knacks into décor staples that also give you extra storage around the house! What a win 😉
We love an upcycle, and here’s one that will carry your child’s favourite toys well into their teens, or delight any safari-lover alike.
To turn timeworn toys from useless to useful and your empty jars from impractical to impressive, simply follow the steps below or feast your eyes on the clip above!
What you need:
- Toy animals
- Spray paint (any colour of your choice)
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Jars with lids
- Newspaper (to protect your working surface)
- Jar labels (optional)
What to do:
- Lay down the newspaper on your working surface.
- Take the lids of your jars and spray paint them on your working surface. Ensure you spray from a 20cm distance to prevent blotting. Set aside.
- Spray paint your animal toys with the same spray paint or a different colour for a multicolour look. Set aside.
- Wait 10 mins or until the lids and animals are completely dry.
- Using your glue gun, glue the bottom of the toys onto the centre of the lids. Wait until it is completely dried.
- Fill your jar with lollies, cotton balls, paperclips or whatever your heart desires! Screw your safari lid on and flaunt your revamped jar.