Turn your unwanted bottles into festive decor pieces with this simple DIY! These ‘JOY’ Christmas Vases make the perfect dining centrepiece or accessory beside your Christmas tree.
Our empty bottles usually hit the recycling bin when we’re done with them. Wine bottles, vinaigrette bottles and even beer bottles have more use than carrying their tasty contents. What if we told you there’s a different type of recycling that all too easily brings Christmas cheer into the house?
Turn your bottles into homemade festive vases! Who knew it was that easy? We used the word joy, but if you’ve got enough bottles why not try spelling out peace or even Christmas if you’re up for it 😉 Watch the clip or follow the steps below to get started on your own personal collection of Christmas decorations. Merry DIY!
What you need:
– Unwanted bottles
– Spray paint, 2 colours (we used white and gold)
– Wooden letters
– Glue gun
– Christmas willow sticks
What to do:
- Spray paint your unwanted bottles from a good distance to prevent blotting. Once fully covered, set aside to dry.
- With your alternative spray paint colour, spray the letters J, O and Y. Set aside to dry.
- Using your glue gun, glue each of the letters down onto the centre of a bottle. Allow to set.
- Squeeze a generous amount of glue onto the necks of the bottles and from the base of the neck, wrap the twine around to the very top. Cut off the ends and glue it down.
- Decorate with Christmas willow sticks, beads, ribbons and whatever your Christmas spirit desires! Place on the dining table or beside the tree for a decorative touch.