Wanting to refresh your space with summer vibes? We’ve got the perfect DIY that will have you flaunting stunning floral arrangements without the help (or price tag) of a professional! 😉
Roses, daisies and posies are in bloom and we’ve been yearning for the pretty freshness that flowers bring into any space. Whether it’s in the centre of your dining table, on your bathroom vanity or on your desk, there’s always a place in the home for flora.
We’re taking it a step further than the usual flower arrangement, and incorporating the latest must-have vase – the terrarium. Terrariums conceal flower foam, which makes your flowers last longer and allow for easier arrangement. Not to mention they’re undeniably stylish (especially if hung ❤️).
In just a few steps you can flaunt your very own floral terrarium. Just follow the guide below or watch the quick video to see how simple it really is!
What you need:
- Fresh flowers (with leaves)
- Terrarium bowl
- Floral foam
- Stanly knife
What to do:
- Carefully using the Stanly knife, cut the floral foam into a cube that is big enough to fit into the opening of the terrarium bowl. Centre your floral foam.
- Cut the flowers, leaving a long enough stem to pierce the floral foam. Push your largest flower into the centre of the flower foam.
- Roll your paper into a funnel and pour your sand through, aiming toward the inner edges of your terrarium. Shake to spread the sand evenly and use the height of your centred flower to judge if you need more sand.
- Arrange the rest of your flowers, alternating colours and varieties as you please. Fill in any empty spaces with leaves, ensuring the flower foam is covered.
- Sprinkle some pebbles on the sand and voila! Your terrarium is ready for show!