Inspire your inner wanderer and sprinkle dreamy, bohemian-luxe vibes into any space with this gorgeous DIY Dreamcatcher!
Bohemian living is all about playing with pattern, texture and colour – and where better to show off free-spirited style than on blank walls 😉 Take your wall art to the next level by personalising it with a DIY dreamcatcher!
Follow the step-by-step guide below or click on the video to see how easy it really is. The best bit is that you can make it your own with a bright palette, contrasting fabrics or substituting feathers for pom-poms! Your design is as free as your inner wanderer…
What you need:
- A hoop (size of your choice)
- A doily (about ¾ the size of your hoop)
- Various ribbons
- Loose beads
- Strung beads
- Floral décor
- Glue gun
What to do:
- Lay your hoop on a table and centre your doily. Thread your yarn through the doily by looping it out of the edge and over the hoop. Repeat until the entire doily is connected to the hoop. Tie the loose ends of yarn into a tight knot.
- Cut various lengths of ribbon, keeping in mind which ones you want to have feathers dangle from. Set aside.
- Feed loose beads through the end of the feathers. Carefully use your glue gun to stick the beaded feathers onto various ribbons. Let them dry completely.
- Continue to use your glue gun to stick your strung beads onto other ribbons.
- Order your feather ribbons, beaded ribbons and plain ribbons out in the order you wish to have them hung. Use your glue gun to wrap and stick your ribbons to the bottom of the hoop. Let them dry completely.
- Feed through your floral décor on one side of the hoop and wrap it tightly. Viola! Hang your handmade dreamcatcher and admire 😉