Don’t struggle with styling your dining table. We’ve got a quick and easy DIY centrepiece to make your setting shine without breaking the bank! 😉
So you set the dining table with placemats, dinnerware and wine glasses only to find that something extra special is missing (and we’re not talking about the roast in the oven!). Presentation is an appetiser for the eyes, making your guests hungrier for what’s to come.
Here’s how to make your setting really pop and set the mood with natural colour, texture and elegance – a floral centrepiece made by you with only the simplest of items! Follow the steps below or watch the video to get cracking!
What you need:
- Fresh flowers of your choice
- Glassware (flutes, wine or martini glasses) to accommodate to the size of your table – we used three with differing heights for visual contrast
- Candles – one per glass
- Lazy susan/cake stand/trivet for display (optional)
What to do:
- Measure out the twine by wrapping it two or three times around the width of your candles and trimming accordingly.
- Wrap your candles with the twine and finish with a bow.
- Carefully trim the head of your flowers to fit under your glasses. Arrange accordingly and keep your glasses upside down.
- Place your candles on top of the base of your glasses.
- Cluster your chosen display and carefully light the candles. Voila!