Inspired by the Danish feel-good ‘hygge’ trend, we’re looking at some indulgent textures that bring a little depth to your home decor.
We’re all for texture. We love running our fingers through Gotland sheepskin rugs. We love the cool luxury of marble, and the natural charm of concrete stone…
It’s the little things that make all the difference, and that’s where the hygge trend comes in!
What is ‘hygge’, anyway?
Hygge was one of the biggest breakthroughs of 2016, seeing interior design and lifestyle trends take a more wholesome approach. Pronounced ‘who-geh’, the Danish trend focuses on enjoying the little things.
It’s that warm-fuzzy feeling you get when relaxing with friends over dinner and a glass of wine; or arranging fresh flowers in the heirloom vase you inherited from your grandmother; or getting cosy on the couch with a plush blanket.
We love the way textures can trigger that lovely hygge feeling. So we’ve brought together this gallery of our ten favourite textures.
Shop our top 10 textures
- Vail Faux Fur Sheepskin and tableware from eb&ive HOME.
- Acacia Cushion, Alfie Cushion, Bandana Cushion and others from Rapee.
- Stoneware Terrazzo range from Zakkia.
- Verbier Stool and Hunter Jute Rug from eb&ive HOME.
- Sanura bedding from Linen House.
- Icelandic Sheepskin Rug from heim & co.
- Haze Quilt Cover Set from Linen House.
- Candy Ball Kids Rug from Rug Culture.
- Mohair Firefly Throw Rug from St Albans.
- Oia Marble range from Life interiors.
A word of advice…
When styling with rich textures like these, it’s best to keep the rest of your decor fairly minimalist. Let your choice textural pieces do most of the talking 😉 That way your space won’t feel cramped or crowded!
What hygge-inspired decor do you love in your home? Maybe it’s your favourite knitted blanket or a handwoven basket?
Let us know in the comments below!